Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Instant Google


Wasn't it always instant? No. You had to wait for that tenth of a second to get your result. Well not anymore.

Google just announced today (09.08.2010) the instant Google search engine. You might have been confused about the bouncing balls as Google Doodle yesterday. I know I was.

It's the new ajax based search engine method. Simply put, Google searches the internet as you type in your inquiry instantaneously... with you... telling you what next letter will be and should be...

That's a bit too smart.


Take a look at the accomplishment though. I commend Google for pushing the limit of the internet again and again. Not this Bing bullshit, or any other Microsoft bullshit. Time and time again Google wins the race of technology with Speed, Simplicity, and Security.

As a native fluent Korean, I naturally went to Google Korea and found something pretty unheard of in the past. Those crafty Korean developers have programmed the search engine in a way that you no longer need to have Korean keyboard component installed on your computer anymore. Don't believe me? Observe below. What looks like a jumbled letters in English is actually my name on a Korean Keyboard. What's amazing is that Google Korea still gets it right and searches for my name. WTF... It's SELF AWARE! Cue the Terminator music.


That's it for today. I was bored and thought I'd share that with all of you. I have more things to review and I know that. Got some ridiculous requests like reviewing a turd of a movie called "Scott Pilgrim..." something-other from a weird Canadian-dwelling female. No. I don't want to see that movie anymore.

K.

2 comments:

  1. i think its important to point out...precious seconds can be saved if you press "tab" after entering a few letters of your search query.

    the seconds add up kiwon - remember that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she's dwelling in Canada anymore...

    ReplyDelete