Wednesday, October 6, 2010

LipDubbin' It Up!

Q: What's lip dub?

A: Obviously you've been tuning into way too many of those election/initiative proposal ads to notice that in the first episode of the 6th season of The Office they did this cool new thing that everyone and their universities/high schools/etc. are doing!

They're actually pretty cool.  Click here to see the site that started this new fad!

" A lip dub is a type of video that combines lip syncing and audio dubbing to make a music video...Tom Johnson, a technical writer who blogs about Web 2.0's effect on communication, describes a good lip dub as having the characteristics, or at least the appearance, of

spontaneity: "It appears as if someone thought up the idea on the spot, pulled out their personal video camera, and said hey everyone, let’s all lip sync this Flagpole Sitta song."

authenticity: The people, production and situation appear real.

participation: "The video doesn’t consist of one person’s spectacular lip sync, but that of a group, all participating together in this one spontaneous effort, which seems to communicate the attitude and mood of the song."
fun: the people in the video are having a lot of fun. "
 
Though I haven't quite read into what the rules are for this lipdub competition; and if I were to grade their performances - some schools have it down! While others... lack a lil' flava-flave.

So, here are my thoughts, even though I don't want to do a lipdub with my alma matter, why don't WE do one!  Right?  Who's down for some good ol' fun?  I think it would be hilarious to see what we come up with.  So, who's with me (and Kiwon, he doesn't have a say, he's doing it)?!

If my plea for you to join me isn't working, I'll just have to pull out the big guns and show you what a one-woman show can do for you! 

There's no turning back now... you'll definitely want to lipdub with me after this!  Mind you, I did this in 4 hours... and yes, that was my old office, and yes it was during work hours. :)

I'm totally serious... so, let me know if you wanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment