Thursday, August 19, 2010

Is it Friday yet??

It's time to rant.

I'm going to assume most of you don't know much about working with real estate agents... but most of them are incompetent.  Not to make them sound bad, but some people lack a sense of time, humility and manners.

Let's go back to where this all began, yesterday.  Side note, usually homes have keyboxes on them with a key inside and agents can access the keys with a keypad they own, but our office doesn't use keyboxes, so someone from our office has to show up to the showings to let them in...

I usually get off of work by 5:30pm, my collegue and I lock up and walk out of here no later than 5:31pm, if possible.  Yesterday even was an exception - my collegue was out sick and I was faced with a little more of a work load than normal.  As I'm trying to wrap up what was on my plate the phone rings.

Agent: Hi, I'd like to make an appointment for a showing at 1234 XYZ st. for tomorrow afternoon... between 2:45pm and 4:30pm.
Me: The house doesn't have a keybox on it, and we usually show up to all of our showings, do you have a tighter time frame for us?
Agent: Well... let me sort out my schedule and call you back.
Me: Okay, thank you.

10 minutes later...

Agent: We can do 2:45pm, if that works for you.
Me: That would be fine.  We'll see you there at 2:45pm.  Thank you.

TODAY

The same agent calls back today and asks if we can let her into the house at 3:45pm.  My collegue, who answered the phone, said "we actually have you down on the calendar for 2:45pm." The other agent goes on to say "I didn't get a call back from you confirming the time."  YES SHE DID!  I SPOKE WITH HER AND CONFIRMED.

Anyway, whatever, moving on, she's on now for 3:45pm.

As the day goes by I get calls for a rental showing, which are near my work for 3pm.  I'm thinking... I can just do the two rentals and then head over to Queen Anne for the other showing.  Since I might be tight on the schedule I called her to ask if we could push the appointment to 4pm, but no answer so I left her a message...

It's now 2:30pm, with an hour to spare until our meeting, I figure I'd call her again and see if we can push it back otherwise I'll be racing down the streets of Seattle to get to the other showing...  no answer.

5 minutes later, she calls back and I asked if we could push it back, and she said, "no, we're actually all done now, and we're heading over there... we set it for 2:45pm."

MY JAW DROPPED.

Me: We got a call from you this morning saying you wanted to change it to 3:45pm...
Agent: You must have mistaken, I didn't call you this morning.

B*TCH.

Needless to say one of us only had 10 minutes to go from Madison Park to Queen Anne.  How ridiculous. 

Some agents are psycho.  If you're looking to buy a house or rent a place... pick the right agent.  It makes ALL the difference.

Steamin' and now heading out to my rental showings,

No comments:

Post a Comment