Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What will we be listening to 20 years from now...

This last Sunday on my hour drive back from Bellingham, I had my radio tuned into 106.1 KISS FM.  When songs I didn't like came on, I'd channel surf to something more to my liking.  However, once I reached Lynnwood this song came on.


Not being the first time I've heard this song, and every time it comes on I either skip or change the station, but this time I heard it in it's complete entirety and have come to realize this is, absolutely, one of the worst songs. 

My, chick bad, my chick hood

My chick do stuff that yo' chick wish she could
My, my chick bad, my chick hood
My chick do stuff that yo' chick wish she could
My, my chick bad, badder than yours
My, my chick bad, badder than yours
My, my, my chick bad, badder than yours
My, my chick bad, badder than yours

You don't need to tell me more than once. I got the picture.

I'm sayin' my chick bad, my chick hood My chick do stuff that yo' chick wish she could
My chick bad, badder than yours
My chick do stuff that I can't even put in words

Again? I heard you the first 3 times, and I didn't say I didn't agree.

Her swagga don't stop, her body won't quit
So fool pipe down; you ain't talkin' 'bout shit
My chick bad: tell me if you seen her
She always bring the racket like Venus & Serena
All white top, all white built and all white jeans
Body lookin' like milk

What does "looking like milk" even mean?  She's liquid?  Yeah, I don't know anyone else who can turn into liquid... he's right - his chick bad.

No time for games; she's full-grown

If she weren't full-grown, you'd be in jail.

My chick bad; tell your chick to go home!

See what I mean?  Worst song ever.  Not to mention the "beat" isn't good at all. 

Now, follow me into my thoughts for a moment.  Granted not everyone in the whole world listens to this, but let's assume 75% of America listens to this genre of... music, and then ASSUMING, again, that our children would end up falling into this 75%, can you imagine what kind of music they would be listening to??

Our parents grew up with Elvis, Patsy Cline, Frank Sinatra, The Beatles... We grew up with Madonna, -the- Macarena, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, N'Sync... and now listen at what majority of America is listening to.

Now think about what our children, nieces and newphews could be listening to!?

Can songs of sex, drugs and violence get even more explicit?  I cringe to think of what we might be listening to 20 years from now... imagine, when you're driving your kid to soccer practice and they reach over for the radio dial and put on the newest, sickest, baddest music all their friends are listening to.

Oh, music.  How you've evolved in such a short time.

This is for all of you who remember square dancing class in elementary school.

Wasted enough time, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment